We base our service and training on principles of reflection, engagement, artistry and learning – REAL. We pride ourselves on basing everything we do on considered reflection, engagement with all stakeholders, artistry in our actions and lifelong learning to constantly improve what we do.
The REAL System
REAL Conflict Coaches use a System that is intuitive, free from jargon, and yet based on recent research. It is multi-disciplinary in nature and draws on the fields of conflict resolution, narrative, neuroscience, communication psychology, linguistics, solution-focused and narrative theory.
Our new online training courses launch in 2019! We have a course for everyone, whether you are an individual, manager or conflict resolution practitioner. Our courses are self paced and can be completed at times convenient to you. Go to CCI Academy for more information.
We offer online training for:
- Individuals who want to improve their capacity to manage their own conflict;
- People who wish to become conflict coaches and support others to more effectively manage their conflict;
- Managers and leaders who wish to use coaching techniques to support their employees to develop their conflict capacity;
- Mediators, arbitrators and lawyers who want to add coaching tools to their existing skillset for interacting with clients.
Our training is based on advanced adult learning skills and our commitment to participant-centered learning. We create authentic (REAL) learning experiences so that our participants can put what they are learning into practice immediately and begin the path of life-long learning themselves.
Courses are provided in-house on request. Tailored courses can also be developed to suit your particular needs.
Find out more about our online training programs here.
We walk our REAL talk. We are curious, creative, passionate about our work and committed to our field.
We offer conflict support to individuals and groups who wish to engage with their conflicts more constructively and confidently.
Our services can assist people to:
- Manage existing conflict;
- Prepare for potential future conflicts;
- Build conflict resilience and conflict management capacity;
- Become conflict competent leaders.
Our conflict coaches are conflict specialists who assist their clients to develop the 5 Cs:
CLARITY: Gain clarity about the conflict situation.
COMPREHENSION: Understand their own, and others’ needs and goals.
CHOICES: Identify and evaluate their choices for moving forward.
CONFIDENCE: Develop confidence about managing conflict and achieving their goals.
COMPETENCE: Increase their conflict management skills so that they can constructively engage in the conflict.
What Our Clients Say
“Thanks so much for giving of your time and knowledge today. I came wanting to learn more about how to be a more effective conflict coach. That goal was accomplished – and more. It was a day well spent [and]…I will watch for the offering of your 4 day training in September.”
D. Michael West, Dispute Resolution Practitioner/Leadership Coach/Trainer, Washington DC.
“I have done a number of training programs and consider myself a very experienced coach. But there is always something more to learn. I found the REAL program engaging, challenging, rewarding and very valuable. The small group environment is very successful and the benefit of presenters with very different styles is very effective. A nurturing and enriching experience, I am really delighted to recommend it.”
Dr Rosemary Howell, Chairman, Strategic Action Pty Ltd, NSW.
“REAL Conflict Coaching training was truly enlightening! The model provides a simple,easy to follow, guide to conflict coaching and the training turns on the light bulbs of awareness as it fills in the gaps and pulls the entire process into clear focus. Anyone who wants a comprehensive understanding of conflict coaching would benefit greatly from REAL.”
Genevieve Hinds, Participant, Townsville.
REAL Conflict Coaching System
REAL Conflict Coaches use a System that is multi-disciplinary in nature and draws on the fields of conflict resolution, narrative, neuroscience, communication psychology, linguistics and solution-focused therapy.
The REAL Conflict Coaching System offers a structure and methodology that coaches draw upon in all types of conflict situations where coaching is applied.
It is based on a set of REAL values:
REAL Conflict Coaching encourages and assists people to develop the capacity to engage in reflective practice in their future conflict interactions, for the purpose of reflective learning and the development of artistry.
REAL Conflict Coaching supports people to constructively engage with, rather than avoid, conflict. REAL Conflict Coaches assist people to find the right level of depth at which to engage, and to sustain that engagement in the long term if necessary.
REAL Conflict Coaching builds peoples’ capacities to engage in future conflict at the level of artistry.
It encourages and supports individuals to go beyond the merely satisfactory, and to achieve excellence.
REAL Conflict Coaching is grounded strongly in principles of adult learning. It supports people to engage in lifelong reflective learning.
Accreditation as a REAL conflict coach with CCI as a conflict coach offers your clients a trustmark of quality.
77% of coaching clients consider coaching credentials or certification ‘important’ when selecting a coach to hire*
44% said a credential or certification was ‘very important’*
* ICF Global Coaching Client Study conducted by Pricewaterhouse Coopers and Association Resource Centre Inc
REAL Accredited Conflict Coach
To be eligible for accreditation as a REAL Conflict Coach with CCI, candidates must comply with the following requirements
- Completion of a recognised REAL Conflict Coaching™ Fundamentals 4-day course evidenced by a certificate of attendance signed by your authorised REAL lead trainer or completion of another approved course.
- Participation in a video-recorded conflict coaching session which is assessed by a REAL Conflict Coach assessor as ‘competent’ and in accordance with the REAL Conflict
- Coaching System and Competencies. The session will be one hour in duration.
- Evidence of client’s consent to have conflict coaching session video-recorded for assessment.
- Submission of a written reflection on your video-recorded conflict coaching session. Reflective questions are provided to guide you and your answers will be assessed by a REAL Conflict Coaching assessor as evidence of competency.
- Evidence of good character.
- Agreement to comply with the REAL Conflict Coaching Practice Standards
REAL Accredited Master Conflict Coach
To be eligible for accreditation as a REAL Master Conflict Coach with CCI, candidates must comply with the following requirements:
- Achieved accreditation as a REAL Accredited Conflict Coach.
- Completed the REAL Conflict Competency and REAL Mastery training as evidenced by certificates of attendance signed by your authorised REAL lead trainer.
- Presentation of a REAL Portfolio demonstrating continued competency and deep reflection on practice.
- Evidence of good character.
- Agreement to comply with the REAL Conflict Coaching Practice Standards.
We base our service and training on principles of reflection, engagement, artistry and learning – REAL.
Get In Touch
Can we help you improve your competence and confidence in managing conflict? Get in touch and we can help you live a more peaceful future!
Want to receive updates from us every now and then? Just complete your details in the contact form and we’ll send you news of any exciting developments.